1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pleasant Surprise: Nathan East Bio

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BigDanT, Mar 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    image.jpeg Just got on my flight to Chicago back from Germany and was pleasantly surprised to find this among the movies. That will eat up 1:30 of my 9 hour flight!

andruca and nixdad like this.
  2. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Really cool documentary. I'd definitely recommend. Nathan East is not only a fantastic bass player but seems like a pretty all around good dude. It was really nice to see this side of the music industry and to see someone like Nathan who is a consummate pro, always smiling and incredibly talented.

nixdad likes this.
  3. kopio

kopio

May 8, 2012
    Boise, ID
    I'll have to check it out! I dig Nathan's work for sure...didn't know he had his own movie!! Thanks for the heads up.

4. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nathan is absolutely as nice as he seems. He's the real deal.

Here's a photo of Nathan, Phil, Rocco and Abraham from the early 90's:

East%20Chen%20Prestia%20amp%20Laboriel_zps5mlibfxz.gif

BigDanT likes this.
  5. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If you haven't seen the doc, check it out. He just seems like a great guy. Also an accomplished pilot and magician in addition to being a prodigy bass player.

nixdad likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021