1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help figuring out a part of the Eagles "Already Gone"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by banditcosmo, Nov 9, 2010.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I have an audition Friday and really need to figure out a few parts of "Already Gone" that I'm really struggling with.

Just need the notes that are being played at the 20 second mark and the 33 second mark during the 1st verse. I found one tab but I don't think it's right. I'm trying to figure it out by ear but can't so far. I have the rest of the song mostly figured out just can't figure out those 2 parts.

So if someone can help I'd really appreciate as I really want to get in this band.

Here's a YouTube link:

Already Gone

2. Are you talking the last bar of the progression? that's a Bb major just before the progression begins again (Key of G)

3. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Yes I think that's the spot. It's a real fast set of notes that I just can't get.

4. Are you in need of the bass part or the guitar part? I have played the bass on this for 35 years

5. the and 2 and 3 and 4 and at 33 seconds is: E E E F F F# D

6. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Bassmeknik, the bass part.

7. AT 20 SECONDS IT IS VERY SIMILAR... ALMOST THE SAME TIMING (AND 2 AND 3 4 AND) SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT NOTES : F F D F F# D

8. DOES WHAT I POSTED MAKE SENSE TO YOU?

9. I EDITED THE POST FOR THE PART AT 20 SECONDS, RELOAD YOUR PAGE TO SEE IT

10. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Thanks Bassmeknik ! I'll give that a shot.

11. I hope this helps, if all or some part of it is not recognizable just ask... Good Luck

12. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    yes that got it for me. It helps to play the right notes. Thanks again.

I really should have been able to figure that out. :(
    I can tell when I hear wrong notes just sometimes have trouble finding the right notes.

13. The progression is G D C C.
    It appears to me that the OP is asking about that little frill on the last C
    going back to G.

Try this:
    AlreadyGone1.

14. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Thanks Warnergt. I'll try that too. Would you happen to have the tab for the whole song ?

15. Here's how I play it. I'm not sure it's dead acurate but it should be close enough unless you're an Eagles tribute band!

AlreadyGone-Bass.

16. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    thanks Flashback Bass ! Looks good.

17. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Thanks for asking.
    Well it was kind of a weird audition in that it was just the singer/keyboardist that I auditioned for as the rest of the band was out of town. So we played along to the recordings and he emailed me after the audition and asked me to join the band.
    Did pretty well on the Eagles tune. They don't play the chord modulation at the end of the song though as the range is too high for the singer.
    I'll get a better idea about this band once I play with the whole band. The singer is good.

18. congratulations ! out of interest what recordings were you required to play along to? Did you have the play list to work on before the audition? I'm still very much a beginner and just wondered what the format was for an audition. thx