1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please help identify this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr L, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Friend of mine pulled this bass and amp out of his cellar, can't identify the bass. No brand name anywhere on it, his dad bought it off CL a few years ago to try and learn it but ended up giving up.

If it's nothing special we were just gonna sell it but I'd really like to be able to identify it and google has been no help.

68xao1.

2zf1zja.

2. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Cort Slammer. They sold them in the Sears catalog in the 80s

3. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Oh no... Should i burn it?

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... happy little fella ...

5. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Do whatever you want with it. That was my first bass and I still have mine. I painted naked ladies on it in 10th grade

6. Probably won't get much to sell it....i'd keep it and jam low end riffs. :bassist:

7. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Is yours a short scale like mine? I recently picked up one on eBay that looks exactly the same except it has chrome knobs. I paid $75 for it. Fretboard is a dark as ebony - I wonder what it is?

$(KGrHqN,!k0FBSJ+PEU-BQb4C(KBt!~~60_3.

Dunno how old the strings are but it sounded great at a blues/jazz jam tonight :) . Someone did a good job on slotting the nut (bone?) low and I was able to get the action fairly low.

8. bootsox

bootsox

Apr 28, 2012
    Biloxi, MS
    they're pretty good basses for the price range they tend to fall in, just hold on to it and play it