1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please Help! In need of opinion for iOS effects!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thatguy12345, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Thatguy12345

Thatguy12345

Feb 16, 2013
    So, a lot of the guys who I play with have MacBooks or iPads and use certain apps for their equipment. Well, needless to say, I've been bitten by the digital bug and just went out and got an iPad so that I can improve my sound.

My first question: what is the best app/amp to use to get a nice and clean sound with some compression? I saw in the AmpKit app the Ashdown ABM 900 and i thought that it sounded nice.

My second question: what is the best way to rig it live? Some have said to get two aux/quarter inch cords and run one from the bass to the iPad, and the other from the iPad to the amp. Do you sacrifice quality sound by doing that?

If you're reading this and have an answer, then I would really appreciate it! Please help! :)

2. speak2planets

speak2planets

Oct 25, 2012
    Hotlanta
    I would think that you would have at least some sound degradation by putting the iPad in your signal path. The question then is how much?