1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me find a 6 string.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, May 4, 2005.

1. Or you could buy my Peavey TL6 for 525 shipped

2. form52

form52

Mar 17, 2005
    I have the Ibanez BTB406 and I can't say enough good things about it. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a good slap sound.
    And I Just two days ago got my Schecter Stiletto Studio 6. Call up guitar center and have one ordered. Schecter doesn't make many of them to send out to shops, it's easier and faster to have it ordered. I payed $650 for mine.
    AMAZING sound and quality. For under $1000 I really don't think you'd be able to find a better sounding bass. Just be aware that it's REALLY heavy. about the same weight as a Warwick Thumb 6 neck-thru.
    You will not be disapointed in either of these basses. GREAT buys and Great basses that are both worth much more than what you end up paying for them.

3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I'm in the United States and the SR905 was somewhere between 700 and 900 dollars, the shop I've been going to has great prices. also, I can order any bass from my current shop or guitar center, if neither have what I wan't, theres a third one, so brand doesn't really matter. :bassist:

If I ordeer the 905 AND the Stileto 6 this could run me about the same price of a bongo5 HH, correct? Because I am more in need of versatility, and a lower price right now, (even tho I've been drooling over a bongo since I started playing) would it be more cost effective to order and buy those two basses, rather than having the bongo made, shipped to the dealer, then shipped to me from lliniois?

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

You have obviously never played a Peavey Cirrus.:)

5. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I cannot recall playing a peavey cirrus(was going to chesk one out a year ago but they were gone)

but my friend has a peavey bass hat I hate. it sounds great with the pick style he plays, but not my heavy handed 2 3 and 4 finger styles. I just dig in to much on it. if I got the chance to give ithalf inch high action it would prbobly sound right to me byut I guess it's all preferance.

oh, and I think I am going to go with the SR 905 and Schecter stileto %. the store has order 2 new ones. and that made me happy. because I may have the money when they get here and I may have found a job. I just don't know if I'm ready for a musicman next year for sure tho. :bassist:

BTW, Can anyone recommend a musicstore that will hire below 18 in the marrietta GA area? close to 30066 zip code? :confused: