1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

please help me identify this bass body!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jordanit, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jordanit

jordanit

Nov 26, 2010
    hi all,

:help:! I recently acquired a new bass body, but I have no idea what kind it is. There are no markings/numbers/etc on the body (but I haven't checked under the pickups yet). If this looks familiar to anyone in terms of company or model name, please let me know...I'm open to wild guesses and shots in the dark!

The curves on the front of the body are actually carved into it wood, not just a fancy paint job. The back is a stained red (same as the sides and horns).

greatly appreciated,
    jordanit

Attached Files:

2. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Ibanez?

3. +1 for the ergodyne. I have the same on but in the grey finish, also yours may be a respray because i've never seen one in that colour.

MarkoYYZ likes this.
  4. Ibanez or cheap(er)copy. Compare visible details like knob & pickup arrangement w/pictures of Ergodynes.

5. jordanit

jordanit

Nov 26, 2010
    wow, thanks for the fast responses! I think it might be a copy; the jack is in a different spot and the body doesn't have the chamfered/countersink spots where the control pots are.

Thanks very much!!!

6. Yeah, I've seen Chinese copies of the Ergo-d's; plus it looks like the PU placement may differ from a genuine Ibanez.

7. jboots99

jboots99

Dec 26, 2010
    That's definitely a Chinese copy of an ergodyne. I've played EDC700's for years and recognize those lines anywhere. The giveaway is the jack placement.

8. jboots99

jboots99

Dec 26, 2010
    I'm always in the market for another EDC700 or 705 if somebody's selling. I left Fender probably 15 years ago and won't go back.

9. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Beautiful finish though. Any idea on the wood? What's the weight?

10. Brian VT

Brian VT

Mar 8, 2017
    Sorry to drag up such an old thread but how to ID a real vs. copy Ergodyne?

11. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles

12. Brian VT

Brian VT

Mar 8, 2017
    Is it a subtle difference in placement or is it on the edge of the body instead of the front?

13. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    i don't know much about ergodynes but the body in the original post has the jack on the side and a quick internet search shows front placed jack on all ergodynes. do some searching. here's the ibanez catalog link.
    Ibanez Catalogs

14. Brian VT

Brian VT

Mar 8, 2017
    Doh!
    Somehow I had only read from post #8 down. (Google search started me there)
    Sorry. Thanks for your time.

15. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    This is a Supertimbre STB-DB211:

8170799supertimbre.

The body wood is said to be elm.

Wisebass, Flaked Beans and Khronic like this.
  16. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    UtMzAxZC00ZjI5LWIxMGEtYmE5ZjkxNDU0MDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg1MTc3MQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.

Zombie thread!

Wisebass likes this.
  17. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Beans :):thumbsup:

You saved the thread:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

one night in 2010: eeeeeeellllllllmmmmmmm!!!:D:laugh::roflmao:

animiertes-bier-bild-0024.

may the bass be with you
    Wise(b)ass

Flaked Beans likes this.
  18. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    start a new thread and get yelled at to use search...

use search and reply to an old thread and get made fun of with zombie references...