1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Uncle_Arby, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Uncle_Arby

Uncle_Arby

Jan 19, 2012
    Ellijay, GA
    Hi everyone. I am an average player and I play mostly 70's rock(Bad Co, Thin Lizzy, etc..) I need help findind a new cabinet to play through. I realize the best thing to do is listen and choose the one I like best, but I live in the mountains of North Georgia and am an hour plus from a Guitar Center or any other place to try stuff out. I currently play through a Carvin BX500 head and have Siesmic Audio 4x8 on top of a 1x15. Preference would be an Ampeg 610 but not currently in my budget. Was looking at...

Carvin BRX10.2---a 2x10 setup and pretty light weight
    Carvin BRX10.4---a 4x10 very, very heavy
    TC Electronic 4x10
    Marshall 4x10

Would like to keep it under $500 shipped. Weight could be an issue(have a bad back), but I can get help if I need to. Thanks.

2. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    I know a number of rock bass players who have been getting into the Hartke 210XL cabs and swear by them. They go for about $250 new. They are light weight and sound pretty nice.
    Are you near Cleveland, Ga? I have family there and am considering relocating there. Pretty country.

3. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Avatar is running a special on their 410 cabs: $429. For a $100 upcharge, you can get neo drivers so you'd end up with a 65Lb 4x10 for $529.

Just a thought.

4. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    You might check out Sweetwater and Musician's Friend. They are selling the GK Neo 2X12's and 4X10's like hotcakes.

5. guymanndude1

guymanndude1

Feb 5, 2004
    The. Carving BRX10.2 is a great cab, IMHO. I have one of the 4 ohm cabs, rated @ 600 Watts continuous. It does really good with the low B too.

6. guymanndude1

guymanndude1

Feb 5, 2004
    I hate auto spell!!! Sorry, Carvin cab.