1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please, how put Jumpers placement for active emg P/J?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Volvo_1, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Volvo_1

Volvo_1

Mar 22, 2008
    Hello, please can tell me how to put the jumpers for active pickups EMG P/J in Mike Pope Bass Preamplifier FlexCore 2t.1 Internal Core, I attach pictures with numbered jumpers, thanks.
    Please indicate me across the numbers that they are in the images, thank.
    pop_overview.
    Volumen_pushpull-2.
    Balance_board-1.
    Eqboard-1.
    Thank.

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Did you read the instructions? Look on page 5.

It says:

Attached Files:

3. Donald Cajonn

Donald Cajonn

Mar 2, 2011
    I'm having the same problem, but I have bass, treble stacked pots and low-mid high-mid stacked, The stacked low-mid and high-mid isn't in the instructions and I don't know how it connects. Also there are only 3 wires running from each pups and the Mike pope balancer board needs 4 wires for each...PLEASE HELP!!!!

4. thepontif

thepontif

Apr 24, 2004
    Designer Fodera Guitars/Michael Pope Design, Inc., Trickfish Amplification
    It connects the same way as the separate ones. Orange on the EQ board to orange on the stacked mids board. Doesn't matter which goes to where.

Nowhere does it say that the balancer board requires 4 wires per pickup :)

The pickup wiring is laid out really clearly on the instructions. Just take a careful look. You need to know what the wires for your pickups do, and then hook them to the appropriate places on the screw terminal. You may not fill all the holes. If you don't know what the wires on the pickups do, you'll need that information.

I designed this thing to be pretty intuitive. When in doubt, hook like colors to like colors. Or look carefully at the circuit board itself. I was careful to label most things when possible. On the stacked mid board, it is clearly labeled "Hi Mid" and "Lo Mid" right next to the orange connectors. Volume board jumpers are labeled "mst" and "bdg" for "master mode" or "bridge PU vol mode" respectively.

It's fairly hard to mess up to a point of hurting anything unless you start modifying wire harnesses or something. Just don't run any wires between the balancer board and EQ board besides the 5 pin harness.

5. Donald Cajonn

Donald Cajonn

Mar 2, 2011
    Just before reading this I had the break through I needed. Thanks though. I do feel like I'm missing a wire, Just 1 cable is needed to connect the EQ board to stacked pot?

6. thepontif

thepontif

Apr 24, 2004
    Designer Fodera Guitars/Michael Pope Design, Inc., Trickfish Amplification
    No. You should have three 4 pin harnesses. One for balance to volume, and one for each midrange control. No?

7. Donald Cajonn

Donald Cajonn

Mar 2, 2011
    Jesus, Tried assembling it all whilst camping. Finally get home and find the missing cable....

8. Donald Cajonn

Donald Cajonn

Mar 2, 2011
    Still not sure which of the wires are Hot, tap, I'm thinking they don't require a ground wire. I'm attempting to run Victor wooten style (EMG's PAX and LJVX pups)