1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please, identify this Warwick bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crguti, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I don't know anything about Warwick basses and I would like to know if this bass is a real Corvette Proline MIG :help:
    Thanks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    It could be, but the body looks a bit cheap.

If you don't know and can't find out, and I guess it looks like a bargain? Don't buy it.

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    My guess is yes, due to the color of the neck. I think the other models (Korean, Indonesian?) have maple necks like all the other major brands overseas bass production.

Wish I could see the grain of the neck if they are anything like the MIG basses.

4. iplaymetal

iplaymetal

Jun 14, 2010
    Agreed, what's with the placement of the strap button?

5. rollin$tone

rollin$tone Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Look on the back of the headstock, between the tuners, there should be a serial #, and embossed 'Made in Germany'.

6. BassAgent

BassAgent Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    I think it is a MIK Corvette Ash. Check out the product site: http://warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=17072&katID=22955&cl=EN

7. BassAgent

BassAgent Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    Not really... The MIG Standard Ash has a 5-piece neck. The bass in the OP doesn't.

8. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    That's one of the older corvette prolines. Full wenge neck and fretboard with ash body. Looks like a beautiful mig Warwick. Should have a thin neck

9. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Early 90's looking at the strap button positions

10. The owner said that the bass is from 1992. He's asking a good price, but I have my doubts... plus I would need to travel to another city to check it out.

11. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    What's the asking price? Being an early 90's ash corvette I would bet the asking price to be $750-$1000 and it's worth every penny!

12. he's asking for ~$700usd. It isn't a bad price, but I'm a bit scared of buying a 20 years old bass...

13. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The wenge necks o the older basses are very strong and durable. $700 is a great price for a 5 string but it's totally up to you!

14. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I don't know if Warwick had started making basses with bolt-on necks by 1992, it seems a bit too early to me. I have a 1991 Thumb bass here and I know for sure they weren't making any bolt-on models in 1991. I think it was '94 or '95 that they started offering bolt-on designs.

So the simple fact that he's advertising it as a '92 would make me suspicious.

Again I would recommend you avoid it.

15. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  16. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    They definitely introduced to the corvette bolt ons in 92. This is one of the first ones ever made!

17. escaraBAJO

escaraBAJO

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't know how to quote a post from another thread but this was posted by danomite64 in 2010

It's from an 1994 (EDIT: 97/98 catalogue) catalogue. And it says it's a standard.
    They used the most beautiful wenge: dark and w' a beautiful deep grain

Attached Files:

18. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Moved it to best moving category in 96, first corvette was actually produced in 92. After the infinette of 91