Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Polly Pocket

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bloodfairy13, Jul 16, 2004.

1. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    When I was little, I had 2 Polly Pockets but they mysteriously disappeared...

I just found both of them in a set on ebay...:D:D:D:D :hyper:
    I'm gonna cry! :bawl: :bawl:

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i have all my polly pocket necklaces.
    they rock so hard.

i had the whole polly pocket WORLD! not just two measly ones. i had the castle, the stables, the dream house, the kindergarten.....everything

oh yeah, i was cool :cool:

have you seen the new polly pockets!?! they're like 6 inches tall!!
    blasphemy.

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

My sister had those when she was a kid. I remember buying her some as a present.

Thinking about it makes me sad for some reason.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Magnifying glass + Sunlight :cool:

5. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    There was also a male version which was more or less the same thing: Mighty Max...man...they even made a crappy tv show outta that. Good times...

6. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    My daughter loves them. She always wants more when we go to the store.

7. I had all those, plus the modeling station shaped like a star, the dancing recital one, the delux mansion that had a pool with floatie toys that you could stick the polly pocket things into, a mansion that half of it was a bar, the birthday one that had a turntable, the snow white, cinderella, and beuty and the beast ones. Plus I had all the limited edition polly's, ones that looked like the characters from Anastasia, The Rugrats, and Toy Story. Oh, and I had this huge purple house thing with a pool, 3 bedrooms with trundle beds and showers, a kitchen with an oven that could open and close, with a tray of cookies in it, 2 living rooms, a dining room, a parlour. It was so awesome!

I was the queen!

And yes, I DO hate those new polly pockets. They are supposed to be made out of plastic, and their heads can pop off of their bodies so you can change them around (at least thats what I did :D ) not out of stretchy plastic stuff, with their clothes all made out of fabric paint. :spit:

8. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky

I only had 2...I never got any more...I had more BARBIES than I did Pollys...

those new ones are crap*puke*...both of my sisters have them...they both have a car and they share a house and one of them got a plane yesterday...that's what got me looking for some old ones...I missed mine and I wanted to have them again... :crying:

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Yes! I see that I'm not the only brother who did that to his sister's 'girlie' toys! My GI Joes used to beat the hell out of my sisters Barbies.

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    What the heck is a Polly Pocket?

11. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    we won the polly pockets!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :D I'm so happy!!! :D

12. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    ur kidding right?!?!?!

13. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Hell, I had to look it up.

Benny: They're some stupid little girl's toy.

14. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    That are no match for a BlackCat, a bic lighter, or (as stated before) a magnigying glass + sun.

Ahhhhh...childhood memories :)

15. I didn't destroy toys when I was young.

I took a more brutal passtime. Torturing insects.

Ant hill+WD40+lighter=fun

16. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    and it still works! it's the only that brings instant destruction to the ole fire ant...and brings me instant joy in life
    ;)

17. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    When I lived in Alabama as a youngster, we would pour gasoline down into the fireant hills. That, as I recall, worked pretty well. Especially once I learned how to light a match. :D

18. Only the best toy in the whole world!

19. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    ya'll are weird...I never destroyed my toys when I was little but my sisters did and still do...It's funny b/c they still play with their Barbies...even if all they have left of a barbie is it's head... :D :D

20. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    okay, leave me alone eyescream! I can't help it...I was 5! :spit: