Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

poor leg circulation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by smitcat, Jan 6, 2005.

1. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    Ok, this has never been a problem at all, but about a month ago, my left leg would get a little tingly if i was sitting down. i figured i may have pinched something towards my knee, since i would sit at the computer w/ my elbows on my knees. I have stopped doing that, and it went away after a couple days. but now it is back. my legs don't tingle, but when i sit down, my calf muscles twitch, and i didn't know what is causing it. when i am standing/walking, they are fine. If anyone knows anything about this, i.e. simmilar experience, or medical knowledge, i would appreciate some insight.

2. How does your back feel?

Pinched sciatic?

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    how's your blood surgar?

how's your back? any lower back problems? could be a siatica (sp?)....i have one due to a herniated disc...

do you have access to health insurance?

:)

4. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    my back feels fine. My lower back gets sore every once and a while, but thats mainly due to shoveling, etc.... other than that its always fine. I do have health insurance, so i may just make an appointment

5. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I'm no med student, but I know that poor leg circulation can be a sign of a certain disease in the arteries. You're supposed to get it checked out so you can get the correct meds for it. I guess it increases the chance of heart attack.

But that depends on how old you are, I think. If you're under 30-35, you can probably count this theory out.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Do you smoke?

7. It could be half a dozen things.

Get thee to a doctor.

Mike ;)

8. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I wouldnt be really worried about it unless it continues, becomes painfull, you note color changes in your leg. Try staning and stretching the muscle. Make sure you are not getting dehydrated as this is a common symptom as well.

Mike

9. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You could try doing toe-touches. Don't just fall over trying to reach your toes, though, go slowly. The point is to stretch out your hamstrings and get things circulating again and unbind the nerves and muscles. When I started doing some research about my back, that was one of the things that it was suggested I try, and I find that it does help some.

10. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    the water thing makes sense, i haven't been drinking as much as i normally do. but i finally got an afternoon/evening off to just sleep, and i think they were just overtired from being on my feet all day. Im up from 5am to midnight when i work at both jobs, and then i had practice the other two nights. Add in two unsuccessful naps, and i think that was my problem. But thanks everyone for the input.

11. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    My legs fall asleep whenever I put my foot on the other knee while sitting. This only started recently.

Why?