Portable or Physical Product Survey

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rib 13, Mar 1, 2016.

1. mp3 or other portable file format (Age < 30)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. mp3 or other portable file format (Age 31 - 55)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. mp3 or other portable file format (Age 55+)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CD, Vinyl, or other physical product (Age < 30)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. CD, Vinyl, or other physical product (Age 31 - 55)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. CD, Vinyl, or other physical product (Age 55+)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    Doing a little personal research...... How do you prefer to listen to music?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. vinyl vinyl vinyl!! used, new, unopened shrinkwrap or from the dusty bin under a table at a yard sale! There's something about physically changing albums on a record player that makes the songs sink in a little more for me, a nostalgic feeling of changing tape sides as a kid maybe? Whether the quality is better, worse, or if one side is scratched and continuously skips... I just love vinyl!

bassbrad likes this.
  3. specifically partaking in the hunt for vinyl, it's simply the best!

SpazzTheBassist likes this.
  4. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    very true

Barbaric.Eric likes this.
  5. P-oddz

P-oddz

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Both, really.
    I would say that for the majority, I buy albums digitally to download to my phone to carry around everywhere. I'll buy the vinyl if I really like said albums.
    Some albums I will buy vinyl first and hope they come with digital downloads.

SpazzTheBassist and bassbrad like this.
  6. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    What Im trying to figure out if its musicians that prefer physical product over, say, the general non-musician listening public. In comparison to another poll I did awhile back on a mostly listener messageboard -- thus far with only a few votes, it appears so......but I was hoping to get more responses

7. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE!

Mar 31, 2010
    Vinyl in good shape, played on a quality rack stereo system. CDs if the sound is not compressed to death.

The absolute best recorded sound I've ever heard, however, was on my cousin's reel-to-reel system back in the late '70s-early '80s.