1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

possibly strangest question ever?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by yeggi, Sep 30, 2010.

1. yeggi

yeggi

Feb 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    so ive had my hartke cab for about 6 months now, never moved once. and i move it today to go practice at my buddies and notice something rolling around inside. so i tip it and CAT FOOD COMES OUT OF IT:rollno:. now we do have a cat but it stays in my mothers room never to see daylight so i cant explain this. ANYWAYS, i got most of it out but there are a few stuck in it that i hear, it wont damage anything until i bring myself to take it apart right? thanks!:crying:

2. Goodlawdy

Goodlawdy

Mar 27, 2008
    Mouse stole the food, couldn't eat it all.

3. just hope the wiring is intact

4. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Be careful. It might explode.

Seriously, just don't lose or over-tighten anything. You're gonna sell it someday.

5. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    +1 on the mouse theory

6. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    I would rather have catfood inside than cat urine outside. I think Goodlawdy wins this one.

7. Just be grateful you're not a ferret owner.

8. Baron Von Vik

Baron Von Vik

Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere in Arizona
    Mojo FunkBasses
    Didn't you know that the god of bass is a cat? The Hartke guys were giving an offering to it.
    Do not anger the god of bass, for he is a fearful god and quick to anger.
    Put his dinner back.

9. gregbackstrom

gregbackstrom Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    That means your drummer will get fed! :bag:

10. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Was it in a can?

Or like, raw catfood?

11. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Definitely a mouse.

12. bobalu

bobalu

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    +2 on the mouse theory. Catch the mouse or screen over your cabinet ports to keep the mouse out.

I stored my motorcycle over the winter one year. In the spring I took it in for some servicing. When I picked it up, the mechanic gave me the old parts back and a small zip lock bag filled with dry cat food! He told me it was in the air box! A mouse was squirreling away cat food pellets in my air box over the winter. (yes, we have a cat, obviously not a very good "mouser"!). No wires chewed, thank god. They can do a lot of damage.

13. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    +1. More common than you'd think. Indicates a lazy overfed cat too.

14. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    Nothing an open B won`t solve :smug:

15. Hi.

A rodent is a strong possibility. Toddlers are also skilled in storing all kinds of things in all kinds of openings, not just nose canals.

If there's a possibility that any pellets are wedged between the surround and the basket, failing to take 'em all out before playing may cause a puncture in the surround (obviously).

Regards
    Sam

16. nealpolitan

nealpolitan

Dec 10, 2009
    St. Paul, MN
    Ha. My kids are good for this kind of thing.

We practice at my place and one night the drummer was complaining about his kick drum sounding "weird". We look inside and my kids (or a really big mouse) had put about 25 tennis balls (I have no idea where they found them) into the recording hole on the front face.

17. I was sitting up late one night, and could hear this scratching noise coming from my amp .I though there was a mouse in my Laney 4x10 cab. I ended up being the mother of all cockroaches and the sound of it running around the sound box was being amplified. lol. That roach died a painful dead on his exit from my cab.

18. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    C'mon Bill, you're just harshing on the cat 'cause he likes a 4x10 plus 1x15 stack...
    :D ;)

=wr=

19. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    my story tops yours. A TBer shipped me a 210xlt and somehow birdseed was scattered all inside the cab. I think a bag of it broke in the box he used to ship cab. Did not effect cab use but each time I moved the cab, some more birdseed would fall out. I finally opened it up to vacuum it out.

I then saw alot of seeds and bits of seed within the speaker surrounds. Was a tedious job carefully removing each seed with many Q-tips as not to puncture the cones. Some musta stayed wedged inside the cab edges and it started to smell rather bad in time. I think birdseed turns bad after a long while. I Febreezed it, room freshener sprays it would just add to the foul smell of the cab. I left it outside on patio to air out for a few days, got better but still had some smell when I sold it 2 weeks ago. I bought the cab maybe 1.5 yrs ago and the smell stayed in it. Blech! :spit:

Oh and same TBer left the pop-out casters in place while shipping the cab to me. Ship company must slammed it down hard. It pushed the caster housing screws thru the bottom port area, splintering the wood at all four corners and exposing the screws into the port area. I mean pop-out casters in place while shipping, C'mon man. :rollno: Moral: remove any catfood and remnants, it could spoil in time and not "Smelly Cat" but "Smelly Cab".

20. there is a guy on here that had a bee hive in his cab.