1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Post-Hardcore pedal suggestions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CarmineCarnage, Aug 1, 2012.

1. CarmineCarnage

CarmineCarnage

Feb 5, 2012
    I have quite a bit of extra space on my pedalboard, and looking to fill it. Figured I could get some good insight from the fellow TB'ers.

I play in a post-hardcore band. Rig is as follows...

Ibanez SRX550
    Ampeg SVT-7 Pro
    rack tuner, wireless.
    Ampeg 8x10

Boss CEB-3 Chorus
    Boss ODB-3 Overdrive
    Boss DD-5 Delay
    Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone

I'm rolling around the SYB-5 synthesizer pedal and the Sansamp Bass Driver at the current moment, but would love other suggestions as well.

2. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Ooh, a Rat For sure

Attached Files:

3. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Megalith

4. +1 to the Megalith

AudioMonk Fuzz Potion

Some sort of Modern Muff based pedal like Sanford and Sonny BlueBeard, Earthbound Audio Supercllider gets a lot of love around here
    Rat Tail or Rat King

5. I play in a post hardcore type band. I love my rattail. The RAT sound is very big in that genre. It could do the overdrive thing as well as a nice distortion thats cuts through. I also like to use an 0c-2 or octamizer (depending, they are way dif) to thicken up some parts. Fuzzrocious also just came out with he heliotropic which cops the tone from Failure. Thats a pretty great post hardcore tone and I'm sure it could do more. If your tryin to get a little weird or experimental go with a digitech whammy or a MicroSynth. If your gonna go the synth route someone is selling a big box version of the ehx microsynth in the classifieds, I'd get on that as they are supposed to be a lot better than the new ones. Hope that helps a bit

6. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    i use a wmd geiger counter from time to time or just overdrive my d180 head, it kind of depends on the room

7. DBA fuzz war.
    Proco Rat Deucetone
    At least check out some non Boss fuzz/overdrive pedals.
    They make a lot of nice pedals, but I have always found fuzz/distortion to be their weak spot.

8. Fulltone BassDrive

Good clips on YouTube if you want to hear it.