1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Post Office Shipping

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PinkFloydDan, Apr 19, 2006.

1. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    Hey all
    I sent a Tber a cabinet via the Post Office here 10 days ago. Regular shipping, insured for $600. TBEr said he has not received it yet and I am a bit worried.

I don't recall even getting a receipt and I am pretty organized. I cannot find it.

I did not pay for tracking or anything but insured it. Mainly because I had to ship it as least expensive as possible because I was losing money on this sale IMO.

Does anyone know if I still have hope here? Because I CANNOT be stuck with having to pay that money back when the cabinet is gone. And I am sweating over this. Someone please give me positive news.

thanks

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    How far did you have it shipped? Perhaps you got the ZIP code wrong? I've had a package take weeks to get to its final destination for flip flopping two numbers in the ZIP. Or maybe they're just slow. Give it a couple more days and see what comes up.

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Have you spoken to the post office yet?

4. thats what i was going to suggest...talk to the Post Office...they should be able to tell you where it is

5. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    I got my Schroeder, 3 Acoustic Image amps, a JBL monitor and countless other pieces of gear through USPS and the only problem I've ever run into was a slow delivery, but actually have gotten a better track record than Fedex and UPS.

Wait a little longer, I'm sure it'll get there.

6. I ship everything through USPS and they do pretty well. Yes, Parcel Post can be incredibly slow, sometimes getting the package to the destination several days after the estimated arrival. But they have never lost a package on me. They did drop one though, :rollno: , but every carrier I have ever used has dropped stuff so...

Take a deep breath and wait and see!

Oh, and ALWAYS keep your receipts!

Good luck!

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    rough man, definitley go talk to them.

8. I agree about the slow transit time of parcel post. I sent a bass to Canada about 3 years ago, and they estimated 4 - 6weeks! It arrived in 21 days, but got there fine.

Within the last week I tried to send 2 similar sized boxes and they refused them, saying that the boxes were 2 inches over their acceptable length-width-girth limits, so I sent them UPS.

I don't believe the USPS has a tracking system, so just hang in there. ;)

If your package went across the country it will take some time.

Mike

9. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    GOOD NEWS> package was delivered today

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What are you going to do with the $600 you thought you would need to spend on a replacement cab????? :D

-Mike

11. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Collect $ 200 and proceed directly to the TeeBeeClassifieds.

I like Fedex Ground for this reason, TRACKING numbers.
    Give your customer the number and they can track it for themselves.
    UPS does have tracking numbers as well.

IF I was going to use USPS I would get the tracking number option for sure.

USPS is outsourcing some of their services. FedEx bid on, and
    has the overnight service for USPS right now,
    in my town they also have a FedEx drop of box right on the
    USPS property. I did a double take the first time I saw that.