1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post Your Pedal Board XII - Dirty Dozen

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by crimson_basser, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    yeee, the other one got huge, so heres the next one.
    youre welcome.

link to the previous:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459084&page=51

oh, and heres my board

PedalBoard.

not on a board yet, but im going to Home Depot today to get some wood. Should be all done by the weekend.

I also have regular Big Muff and a Soul Preacher Compressor, will probably sell both. May also replace the Nano Clone with Electric Mistress. Or may add a Boss Flanger. We shall seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT: Didnt end up getting a flanger. I think im sticking with this setup for a while. However, my pedalboard has been built. Its not finished yet, i have to add handles, latches, etc. All the finishing touches. I will find some somethign to cover it in as well and put all the little touches on it.

I also have to drill holes for the power supplies to come through my main panel as all my wiring is being run underneath. But i think the pictures will explain what its going to look like. I also have to make the power bar slot larger as one of my power supplies does not fit. But apart from that, it wont look much different than it is now. Will post the final pictures soon.

PedalbaordBuild001.

PedalbaordBuild004.

PedalbaordBuild006.

PedalbaordBuild007.

PedalbaordBuild009.

Main panel is on a slight incline on wedges so that the power brick etc fit underneath, and give easier access to pedals on top.

the signal chain is:
    Channel One: Blogger > Bass Big Muff > Sansamp.
    Channel Two: DD-7 > Holy Grail.
    Channel Three: Whammy > Nano Clone

2. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I need to make a couple of swaps and buy a couple more pedals before I do another board build.

3. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    Nice setup, how would you describe the Bass Blogger in contrast with the Bass Big Muff :confused:

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    More like BIG XII CONFERENCE AMIRITE?

*ahem*

How do you have your Bass Blogger set? I tried one out and just couldn't dial out anything subtle. (Then again this was on an Orange amp, so that might have had something to do with it)

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Awesome! I just rearranged my board, so I'll take a pic tonite and put it up tomorrow!

Also, +1 for building your own board! I'm a DIY kind of guy, my board cost me under $50, and I made it with a latching top and everything. I was relieved I didnt have to drop $300 and at the same time improved my craftsmanship skills. Girls like guys with skills.

Here's my board as it stood a few weeks ago.

6. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Well since i have the Bass Big Muff, i dont really use the fuzz much on the Blogger. It's not THAT much different, i got it for the overdrive, i havent played around with it much yet, but i like the Tone and Drive both between 1-3 oclock. Havent balanced out the volumes yet either on anything, just put it together today.

7. SG-Jazz

SG-Jazz

Dec 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    My current pedal lineup. Still working with the settings.

PEDALS1108.

8. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal

9. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
  10. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Jul 11, 2008
    How do you like the RAT? And what year is the Small Stone?

11. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Dirty Dozen?

High Noon?

Twelve good men and true?

I do not approve of this thread title.

12. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The Land of Time?!? :eyebrow:

You have kids, don't you? :p

(I did like the first two when I was a little Boo, admittedly :D)

13. electricimprov

electricimprov

Mar 15, 2008
    So Cal
    Part XII, Angry Men

14. SG-Jazz

SG-Jazz

Dec 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I just won the 84' rat on ebay a week ago, i was using it with the distortion all the way up but decided the big muff was better used for that and am now using the rat as a mildly distorted overdrive sounds sick, though im still gainin experience with it though. the small stone is a 78'.

15. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    seconded.
    And as mod/admin, actioned :)

16. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    anyone using dual pedal boards? i'm too lazy too sift through the bajillions of previous threads/pages.

17. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I am partial to my first suggestion, but I also deem your title clever and acceptable.

I am calling for this thread to be stricken from the record and all of it's posts expunged.

Plus I was waiting for David Wilson to start the new one so he could post his board with the new angler.

Or maybe just so abark would post a board. Come on Adam. All the other mods are doing it.

18. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    It's not your criminal record. :p

Ah, peer pressure. But you see, he has no choice... he can't moderate an EFFECTS forum without proof of owning and using some effects.

And as the saying goes... no pics, no proof. :D

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I don't myself, but this reminded me of something...

a few years back I saw Local H at the Key Club, right. And as we all know Local H is just a guitar & drummer type of band.
    BUT, this particular guitarist plays a modded guitar with 2 OUTPUTS! One went from the guitar pickups to a pedalboard to a guitar amp, while the other went from a jazz pickup (on the guitar) to a separate pedalboard, into a bass amp. I should go look for some pics, but Im lazy right now, just wanted to share!

20. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I still say that monkey got what he deserved.

And I really can't give Adam too much crap. I haven't posted a real shot of any of my boards since around thread V or VI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.