Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your SR5!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Dr Stankface

Dr Stankface Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I'm new to the TB forum. My favorite bass is my StingRay 5 so I figured i'd post this thread. This isn't a great pic of mine but i'll post better ones. SHOW YOUR SR5!

[​IMG]

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    2002 SR5, honey burst (sold)

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    JL

3. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Heinz The Wonder Bass:

[​IMG]

4. I like all three :D I am in the market for an SR5 anyone selling one?! haha
    Cheers,
    Dave

5. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    I'll never make THAT mistake again! I had a trans teal SR5 that I purchased back in I think 99, stupidly sold it, and a few years later, bought another one (in blue dawn). I'm never selling my SR5! I've sold every other bass I've ever had, but I'm not ever selling this one.

6. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Copper Head Bronze SR5.

[​IMG]

7. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    Is that a clear pickguard? Where does one acquire such a thing? I would love to put one on my SR5!

8. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA

It's one called the Brush Copper if I'm not mistaking, It came with the Bass from the EB factory.

9. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Just got this bass saturday. Has one of the nicest birdseye necks ive ever seen. Its a 92 and is butterscotch blonde.

John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    This 1996 Natrual Stingray5 with birdseye maple neck used to be mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
  12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is almost identical to one I have on layaway.

13. Dr Stankface

Dr Stankface Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Gorgeous looking bass brotha.

14. Heres my new to me StingRay 5, in the amazing discontinued finish Blue Dawn:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Here is a picture of mine, I swapped the white pickguard for a white perloid one. Havent yet taken actual pictures of the bass, this one is from Basscentral.

[​IMG]

16. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Looks fantastic with the mother-of-toilet-seat. Black pearl looked pretty nice, but this is just lovely. Nice contrast with the pickup and the knobs.

17. alansan

alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Malabito, would love to see some pics of that fretless and if possible a review of its sound. I have a fretted SR5 with piezo and like it enough to think about a fretless companion. :bassist:

18. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Here's my Ray. It's a 1997 birdeye one with translucent teal swamp ash body. Got it in 2001 from LA bassist Toby Skard (Poe, Binge, Contact). I absolutely love it!

ANDRUCA

Attached Files:

19. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I picked up my Stingray 5 today. I didn't get to play it much but I know it's sweet, I played it in the store off and on for 15 months! :) :bassist: I guess that's why the owner marked it down to get rid of me! It feels so good to have really top end bass again. The basses I had in the last year or so, the Tribute, USA Millennium and the SUB5 I had for a minute are all fine instruments, but for someone like me who had owned really beautiful looking and sounding basses in the past, I knew that what I had was step down from what I had owned in the past. I hate to sound snobbish, but once a person has developed taste for the finer things, it is bummer not to have them anymore. I sincerely hope that I have this bass twenty or thirty years from now. I'm a little older and I hope I'm a bit wiser and understand the value of a great sounding and beautiful bass.

20. I don't own a Sting Ray 5 but i wish they had the oval pickgaurd like the 4's