1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Posting Pictures Within a Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Just Thumpin', Sep 5, 2008.

1. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Commercial User

Mar 7, 2008
    NE United States
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    Help -- I keep attaching JPG's to my threads, but I see lots of people post 2, 3, 4, 5 even 10 gorgeou pictures right within the body of their thread. How do you do that???

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Photo hosting sites such as Photobucket, Image Shack and the like. There awesome once you use them.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It's all about the [ i m g ] tags. Photobucket is nice because it gives you those links right below the pictures in your albums.

4. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    First thing is that your image must be hosted on a website somewhere, like photobucket or anywhere else. As far as I know "attached" pictures are being uploaded right to Talkbass.com and stored on their server while the other kinds of pics that you're asking about are already stored on a "remote" server aka. another website..

To make a pic appear in your thread the first thing that you need to have is a unique URL to where the picture is stored.

For example I just Google'd "bass player" and found an image to use. I copied the link to where that image is hosted, the link below is the one I'm talking about:

http://www.merryswankster.com/images/LB's bass player.jpg

Now, if you take that same link and wrap it with the [*IMG*]insert link here [*/IMG*] tags (remove the asterisks) you will get this:

LB's%20bass%20player.

You can also click the little yellow button that looks like it has some mountains on it with a little round circle floating above them. That's the button to "insert an image".. Just click the button and it will ask you for a URL, insert your link and voila, you have an image!

I hope that helps and makes sense!

5. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Commercial User

Mar 7, 2008
    NE United States
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    Awesome. PErfect. Thanks so much!!

6. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    You're very welcome! Thanks for thanking me! :D

7. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    +1

If you make a photobucket account and upload pics to it you will see what Superduck is talking about. Photobucket kindly gives you the exact code you need to insert your images into threads like this!