Posting Pictures??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dont, Sep 18, 2004.

1. dont

Jul 25, 2004
    I have several equipment pictures loaded into my computer and have used this method to post pictures on eBay with great success; but I cannot get them to upload into Talkbass. Does anyone have any suggestions? I took the pictures with an Olympus digital, and have them stored as a file in My Documents. My computer operating system is Windows XP. Thanks.
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

I've had no problem with .jpg files saved to a floppy. They have to be 300K (or whatever) but if it's too large you'll get a message to the effect. I'm suprised it doesn't give you some kind of message as to the problem.
  3. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    ir you wanna just show people pictures try upload pics upto 800 kbs free
  4. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I've had the same problem. The message stating that the file is too large is in a small font and easy to miss. It appears in the download box.
  5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Pics need to be no larger than 600 pixels x 600 pixels in order for them to be uploaded to TB. If you haven't reduced the size of the files from you digital camera (assuming you paid more than $100 for it and it's not 8 years old) then your files are almost certainly larger than that.
  6. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'm having trouble uploading pics and I know they are smaller than 600x600. Might this have anything to do with me using firefox?
  7. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    It may be Firefox, I use Opera and never had a problem on TB, but I have had 'issues with other sites not working or acting funkey because (their words) i was using a NON-STANDARD browser. Have you tried poping into Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Safari (if you're on a MAC) to see if they would upload then?
  8. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee

Just cut/paste the IMG field after you have uploaded your pic.