1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pot shaft size on EMG GZR pick ups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by noelb40, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Thinking of pimping my mim p bass with all black hardware and GZR's but cant find the shaft diameter anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Growlmonkee

Growlmonkee

Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, U.S.
    .235 inch, split, not knurled, I used the type of sleeves made for CTS type split knurled shaft, (.235), so that my .250 jazz bass knobs would fit correctly. (.235 inch is the size of the pot shafts that come with the GZR set.)

3. Thanks!!!

4. Fuzmaster

Fuzmaster petro ergo sum Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2014
    (near) Denver
    I just measured one of mine at 6mm (0.236"). My shafts are not split, but they have a slot at the top (like for a flat blade screwdriver).

5. Growlmonkee

Growlmonkee

Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, U.S.
    I took a knob off, Fuzmaster is right, the split is only at the top.

6. I was thinking of using the stew mac flat-top 1/4 " knobs, should be deep enough and fit eh?

7. Growlmonkee

Growlmonkee

Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, U.S.
    I think a 6mm set screw type would fit better, I had to add a sleeve to use my 1/4 inch knobs, (it's a brass sleeve used over CTS knurled, (those are .235), so that a 1/4 inch set screw knob will fit well), and it helps to keep the full split shaft on those from closing up). The EMG pots were too loose of a fit for my 1/4 inch knobs, (wobbly) but fit well with the sleeve added. I had to add these.... The depth won't be a problem, they aren't extra long or odd shafts.
    $_58.