1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Potential NBD - Maybe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eon Sky, Dec 7, 2018.

1. I have a potential line on a MusicMan Sterling 4 string via Craigslist, and I wanted to throw it out to the experts here on the forum to see if I can get some insight into legitimacy.

Couple of dings as pictured, by the bridge, top horn, and back. Has the piezo in the bridge. With hardshell case the owner is willing to take $800. Reasonable price? Seem legit? I've been looking for a Sterling for a long time, and want to make sure I don't let my desire override common sense.

Thanks in advance!

00D0D_kVmramlRnjT_1200x900. 00M0M_19wYWcopPfD_1200x900. 00P0P_hsRnaT1a5HX_1200x900. 00202_1pQNmfuE0yt_1200x900. 01616_4qmRpE81aUl_1200x900. 01717_3FoR5KJB9hz_1200x900.

2. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Don’t know if it’s legit or not, just wanted to say that’s the highest knob to pickup ratio I’ve ever seen haha

RyanOh, Oddly and Eon Sky like this.
  3. Plus the one playing it if I actually pull the trigger. :laugh:

Templar, flojob and Oddly like this.
  4. I thought the Piezo models all had an extra knob. I can't recall about the Sterling, but I know the Stingrays always had a 5th knob. I don't see anything that indicates this as not legit either.. Any fakes I've seen pictured around here always had features that stuck out like a sore thumb, so it was dead obvious. Also, $800 seems like a standard price for a used EBMM as well. Sounds like a decent deal to me.

Eon Sky likes this.
  5. Thanks for your input! Yep, the fifth knob is standard and everything looks correct to me. I just like crossing all my t's and getting more opinions than my own, especially when I emotionally really want the bass.

infamusblkdeath likes this.
  6. That sounds like a pretty decent price. For me, the piezo option adds a lotta value. I wish my Sterling had it.

Eon Sky likes this.
  7. Thanks for your input!