Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

potentiometers

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pinkfloydkixass, Sep 26, 2005.

1. pinkfloydkixass

pinkfloydkixass Guest

Sep 24, 2005
    hey i need some pots for a bass i'm making. i've looked at a few and they're all very expensive. does anyone know where i can get some for around like 50 bucks.

2. Monomer

Monomer

Jul 22, 2005
  3. pinkfloydkixass

pinkfloydkixass Guest

Sep 24, 2005
    thanks for the replies but i was looking more for the whole system put together already. do you know any good places for those?

4. did you even LOOK at the Stewmac site :confused:

5. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    whole system put together, all very expensive?

perhaps you are thinking of an onboard preamp, rather than just the pots and wiring. in which case, it would be rather hard to find a good quality onboard preamp for less than $50, but you could always try ebay.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you're putting together a bass from scratch, why pinch pennies on the last link in the tone chain before the amp?

If money is tight, you'd be better off going passive at first and then upgrading later when the budget allows... www.carvin.com is a good source too...

7. pinkfloydkixass

pinkfloydkixass Guest

Sep 24, 2005
    thanks for all your posts i think i am going to get separate pots from stew mac and put it all together all myself. you guys have been very helpful thank you very much