1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

power amp recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by melkinsbass, Sep 15, 2010.

1. My main band is planning on moving to in ear monitors and to remove backline from the stage to reduce on-stage volume. I think I've decided upon the Presonus Studio Channel as a preamp. I'm thinking about selling my bass rig (Ampeg SVT 4Pro, BXT 115, BXT 410) and downsizing (I still need something for when I gig with other bands). I'm thinking about getting either an Aguilar 212 or Genz Benz 212 and some sort of 210. I would need a power amp to push the cabs, but I'm really not sure where to start. Are there any power amps that you guys would recommend? I would prefer something on the lightweight side of things. Also, I would like something that has the has the versatility to run just the 212 or the 212 and 210 at the correct ohms. Thanks for your help.

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Why would you even get cabs if you're going to use in-ear monitors? Use in-ear monitors that can handle bass, and buy some nice PA cabs (or run a line off your preamp to the house if they have their own PA).

3. I think you misunderstood me. The cabs are for when I gig with other bands that may have different monitoring situations.

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh, I see.

Get a Crown Drivecore XLS 1500.

5. Nice suggestion. I like the built in crossover and the versatility of ohm choice. Thanks. Any other suggestions?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021