power conditioner

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brianh, Dec 28, 2007.

1. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    I'm scaling down my rack but I think I still want to keep a power conditioner(for a Crown K2 and Eden Navigator). To those who know this topic well, what are some good options for me?

I'm currently using a pretty cool Samson power conditioner and it's great because it has a pull out light (which although I don't really need to EQ my rig, really helps to get a quick clance at the poorly written charts I sometimes get on a dark stage). I could do without this though aand aside from taking up rack space, it's kinda heavy. It sounds crazy, but are there any conditioners that don't take up a rack space but could sit in the back of the amp?

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    First, a quick search on "conditioner" will reveal that pretty much all of the amp designers and engineers here say you don't need one, as amps have power conditioning built in already. You'll also find lots of discussion of the other reasons (convenient sockets, handy lights, etc.) why some people who know that still use them anyway.

FWIW, TrippLite makes one which is narrow enough to fit in the back of most racks, but if you do that be sure not to block access to the in/out jacks on the back of your amp.

Oh, and most power strips will fit in the back of your rack, and they do the same job.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    +1.

4. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    whats the specific TrippLite model?

5. lewislngvw

lewislngvw

Aug 16, 2005
    longview,texas
    there is one i think made by skb that has one built into the rack.....check musicians friend.com

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Ditto bongo and Bill.
    Do a search on conditioner and someone recently (greenboy?) showed a clip on reading light that he attachs to the rack handle on the side for illumination. IIRC it was <$5.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021