"Power Fusion Bass Crunch Time"

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Microbass, Nov 30, 2003.

1. OK, so aaaaaages ago I downloaded this track - apparently by Les Claypool + Vic Wooten.

Now to me that seems like a VERRRRRRY strange duo, no?

So I thought maybe it was Wooten + Clarke, becuase I see they have adone a few pieces together.
    But I'd like to be sure ;)

who wrote/performed this?

cheers :cool:
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Claypool is a big Stanley/Graham fan...no doubt Wooten is, too.

BTW, not sure of the tune you're talking about...
  3. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    It's on MP3.com (was?) under Bill Evans. So it's probably Bill Evans.
  4. LOL! OK, nice one, thanks! :D
  5. It's definitely 2 basses, and I've seen it attributed to Evans, Claypool and Wooten, Claypool and Stanley Clarke, etc. No idea who it's really by, but it's in the style of those bassists so it could be any 2 of them.
  6. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    i don't think it sounds anything like wooten or claypool.
  7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Most likely a fake. There are lots of 'em.
  8. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I'm listnin to it right now, and I've no idea, but it's cool. Even if it is fake, I like it.
  9. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Eh,, the greasy slap groove parts I could see either Les or Stanley playing, but the smooth solo that goes over the top doesnt sound like either of them to me.
  10. I remember it being just some unfamous guy trying to promote himself. If nobody knows who he is though, he can't be promoting very well.
  11. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    I alaways woundered who that is myself. It sounds like an amature recorded that by himself and put it on kazzaa using famout bass players names or something. It's pretty cool though.
  12. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    when i saw this guy's page on mp3.com, i always wondered how he got so many downloads because i thought he sounded like a super hack. but, apparently there are people that thought his playing was cool:eek: