Power Mac G5 dual 2GHz?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Doug Matthews, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Anyone tried using one of these beasts for multi-track recording with Logic 6? How many tracks were you able to record simultaneously?
  2. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    well considering they've just started shipping, not many people :p

id imagine you could do more than you would probably need with it. :bassist:
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    It all depends on which plugins you use and how many of them. And what your specific needs are in recording. In normal situations though (with a modest amount of plugins), probably more than enough. For 44.1/24... 50? Maybe more? Drop the plugins, 100?
  4. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR>*drools uncontrollably*
  5. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    The new G5 with dual 2ghz, well I am sure you will be able to do more tracks than you will ever need to. I bet at 44.1/16 you could do 100 tracks. Play back may be another story as stated earlier plugins (some) tax you compy pretty hard. However I think at this point no audio software available can really take full advantage of these new G5's, Digidesign does not offer any support or gaurantees for Pro Tools on these new Chips. This time next year it will the standard for sure.