1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PR410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by High C Double G, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Hi TalkBass,

Long time lurker, first time post... The Crossover, I think, has failed in a PR410HLF and I went to pull it. It seems to be glued in. It is making an awful squawk sporadically and has a consistent hissy-ness --- like a crackle really. Anyway, I know something is awry and I am pretty sure it is the crossover.

My question is this: In the posts I've looked at and a Ampeg video that shows that the crossover assy pops off the mounting wood, not the case with this one; anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you! This is a great site...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. Hi everyone,

Well if it is glued I'll have to scrape it out, it's recessed - Just wanted to avoid damage to the backing plate and the cabinet. It is possible that it is glued in - I will treat it as such.

Double G

Adjusted my post #1 - Peace

3. Hi,

For the sake of anyone having trouble getting the plate that holds the crossover circuit out of the back of a Ampeg PR410HLF cabinet, mine has a rubberized gasket and with careful placement of heat using a heat gun and much persuasion, it will pop off. It is out and ready for bench testing - of course everything looks fine with a visual inspection.

Just so you know, I'll answer my own threads on occasion...

www.gothicmonk.com

LeftyD likes this.
  4. I’m going to say hello just so that your are not lonely all on your own in the thread! :D

In my mind it’s highly unlikely that the actual crossover is at fault. I would suspect that the horn has a problem. Also clean the contacts of the protection lamp. Sometimes they can corrode.

5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Tuned in because I haven't run my pr410hlf in some time.

Tell us what you find. Show me some pics if you feel like it.

Thanks

edit to add: Vengeance Dance is barking up the right tree. It felt like a worked in pair of engineer's boots to this old rocker.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  6. Thank you BassmanPaul and charlie monroe, Thank you for the suggestions! I will have some time tomorrow hopefully to delve into some testing of the parts. Peace..