preamp or DI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lovemybasses, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovemybasses

lovemybasses

Mar 4, 2007
    just dont tell me "this thread already exist"
    i'm lazy (busy) to search at the moment...
    i was thinking either something like REDDI (which is actually both preamp and DI as i understood?)or some rack preamp (tube) like demeter,to get my sound to another level,both for live and rec. or should I get both ( probably yes) and what are the experiences?
    currently i'm going through EBS multi comp pedal which doing great,and hartke 3500,4x10.
    thanx!

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I am too lazy to type a bunch of crap, so, MXR M-80

3. donk

donk

Nov 5, 2006
    the best thing for you is a.............................. a.................... i need a nap

4. lenkyloos

lenkyloos

Nov 25, 2006
    REDDI sounds kinda like red..... reds a nice colour.................................................................................................................buy a bad monkey

5. any preamp will change your sound, if thats what you want to do? check out the sansamp stuff

6. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Love-

You should delete this thread and create a new one when you have more time and thought to articulate a more specific question.

If you want to experiment with something bread-and-butter, look for a used Sansamp Bass Driver DI.

Good luck.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I know exactly what you need. In fact, I own one myself.

8. You know what they say about arguing on the internet.....

9. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    I guess I'll be one of the few to lend a helping hand. If you can, try out a Radial Bassbone. I use it with my passive jazz bass to beef up my tone (like a preamp), use it as a boost pedal for solo's, etc, a killer DI, tuner input...it's hard to beat. Might be exactly what you are looking for. It's a great pedal. I'm trying to get an Xotic Trilogic pre to use with a different set up and I hear those are great too..but no DI.

10. lovemybasses

lovemybasses

Mar 4, 2007
    i did browsing for radial and it looks very appealing! thanx many, bro!

11. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    LMB, you honestly earned our responses. The reason you "never saw such maliciousness" before was because the majority of the time people's questions in this forum are not based on laziness. Laziness, especially when you admit it up front like that, is a huge insult to anyone who might otherwise have tried to help you.

Like grovest said above, the best thing would be for you to start over: figure out exactly what it is you are trying to achieve first; then, if there are known terms like "Reddi" you are curious about, then search on them; THEN ask an intelligible question based on what you've read, and people will certainly be happy to help you then.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.