presonus firepod, or aardvark Q10 pro

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by groovking, Dec 26, 2004.

1. one is pci based, the other firewire. i been tossing between both. i think im leaning to firepod, which would work on my laptop also. any of u have any experience with the both of these
  2. im surprised no one has any comments on these two products, ......gk
  3. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I would say the aardvark Q10.
  4. have u used both or either of these units?
  5. All other things being equal, I'd choose the firewire option. I have two Aardvark Q10s which work fairly well (the mon mixer/input level adjustment software sucks pretty bad though). However, the ability to take your recording system on the road with a laptop is a pretty big plus. I bought a MOTU 828mkII just for that purpose. If I had firewire in my Aardvarks, I wouldn't have had to.

I'm not familiar with the PreSonus stuff. Good luck.

- Dave
  6. thanks for the info dave. i think the firewire option is the way to go. the presonus firepod seems to be a hot little item. all the reviews ive read are super.

any thoughts on this,...every now and again i hear of some people having to disable ht hyperthreading on their intel pentium 4 hyperthread pcu's. i hope that doesnt become an issue. both my recent units are both ht pent 4's .
    2.8 desktop/ 3.2 laptop
  7. well i got the presonus firepod. boy i love this thing. its a very easy interface to use. works seemlessly with cubase. nice clean sound. im really impressed with this one. in the past 3 mos ive gone thru the m-audio delta series 44, 66, and the omni i/o with the delta 66 card, also experimented with a tascam us 122 (gift for my daughter i had to test before giving it to her, naturally)
    i just find the presonus sooo much easier to use, and it cuts out quite a bit of outboad gear. very happy with the sound quality also............nice job presonus!
  8. ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    I was just lookin gat the Q10 this past weekend.
    Come to find out that Aardvarck is no longer in business, so there's no tech support for the Q10.

Went with a RME Hammerfall + Beringer ADA 8-channel preamp combo.
    So far so good!