Presonus?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Anyone ever heard of this make?

I was looking at thier mic pre and para-EQ

But cant find much info on them.

All help appreciated, cheers :)

2. They are a good brand with some great gear. They have entry level stuff, and pro level.

http://www.presonus.com

3. even their entry level stuff will get you pro results. I used to own their tube mic pre and currently record to my mac book pro using their firebox FW interface.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

They make a nice compressor - BlueMax.

5. Here are some live recordings I made last year of the Alan Rowe Trio at The Acton Jazz Cafe:

Rhythm Changes

There is no > Love

Alone Together (Solo & 4s)

(these are large-ish to try and preserve fidelity…)

The pre-amps were Presonus MP-20, and the compressors were Presonus ACP-22. I've used that set up for a number of recordings and found them to be quite good.

- Wil

6. Cheers for the help guys.

I think im going to have to look further into thier compressor, mic-pre and parametric EQ.

I was also looking at the FirePod recording system, which, while excessive for what i need, does look pretty cool :)

And cheers for the songs Wil, shall give them a listen now!

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I'm seriously considering dumping my Tascam in favor of the Firepod. I would like to get a better handle on the kind of power necessary (in a PC) to really utilize the Cubase LE that it ships with before taking the plunge though.

FWIW - I use a Presonus Headphone distribution box in my studio space and it does a more than adequate job for nominal investment. Nicely built. Clean and quiet.

8. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  9. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I just picked up a firebox - I plan on doing some recording with it soon, hopefully I will be able to post the results.

10. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Doing a search for "presonus firepod" should give plenty of results.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021