1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pretentious vocalist's ad

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by mmjazzbass, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mmjazzbass

mmjazzbass

Jan 24, 2010
    I couldn't find the craigslist specific thread but I felt this had to be posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/muc/1642907779.html

Talented vocalist / guitarist / writer/

seeking professional rock band in Bremerton
    Something along the lines of

Marroon 5/Lenny Cravits/Nirvana /Nickleback/Matchbox 20/Creed/Micheal Bolton/LedZepplin/Janis Joplin/
    I have a raspy yet very controlled commercial sounding voice.

I have a few nice connections I could bring to the table.
    as well as many songs and projects we could work on immediately that are commercially hit sounding with catchy words and hooks.
    I also tried my hand at country for a while and was able to get my songs to the 4 top country artist in the world and actually had them not only listen tothem but record them but I am more of a rockish sort but with a country flavor twist underlying my rock style but not set in any groove yet, willing to try new things flexible. The country I did was or is Sorta like yet Keith Urban no twang stuff I hate that as much as the next guy and I dont wear a cowboy hat no way! But sort of match box 20 but a little more rockish. Maybe even a little bit like Kid Rock at times Or even Micheal Bolton/Janis Joplin voice.
    Just trying to give you an idea. I have a great voice people say. Can belt out any ACDC on spot and sound quite like Bon Or Brian.

I am very versatile and can mimick several styles and voices which can be sorta fun to experiement with for a band

If you have a band in East Bremerton let me know I'd like to join
    I'd be really interested in checking you out soon.
    If you have a place to jam in In East Bremerton that would be awesome too.

Interested in all style except heavy rock and rap

Something along the lines of

Nirvana/Marroon 5/Lenny Cravits/Nickleback/Matchbox 20/Creed/Micheal Bolton/LedZepplin/Janis Joplin I have a very raspy load yet very controlled voice. Willing to work with each member till we get things perfect!

2. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    Too bad he can't spell or form sentences as well as he claims to be able to control his rasp.

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    You KNow the dude really isn't all that pretenuous (spelled correct?) ...I mean he is brutally honest and maybe he'll get into the group that can help him. I wish him luck................:cool:

4. I'd be skeptical but would give him a shot. The ad sounds like regular old self promotion rather than delusions of grandeur, IMO. I would definitely grill him on which country songs he wrote that were recorded by other artists.

5. Who's Lenny Cravits?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020