SOLD Price Drop! Xotic XJ-1T 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fretman4god, Sep 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    Strings:
    Folks, I just made a big purchase and this awesome bass has to go. It has been my main bass since I've had it, and has been my go to for the studio every time, because it is SOOOO consistent and even, from the lowest note to the highest, it has incredible sustain and punch. I love it, but I made a very large purchase and need to replenish some of the funds I just drained from my wallet.

It's an Xotic XJ-1T 5 in BLack Cherry in great shape. It's an earlier one (Serial J-061), so no HRI, body switches, or glow in the dark parts. Every time I plug it in I get a big grin. It plays so well, and the B-string is stupid good, the best I've ever had on a 34" bass for sure, and better than most of the 35" basses I've had. All their promo videos are telling the truth.

There are a couple of dings on it that were there when it came to me, as well as the usual swirling seen on an instrument that's really been around for a bit. The pics can misleading because the sunlight really accentuates any type of imperfection. In everyday light and usage, all you see is a gorgeous dark bass. I never really encounter the dings.

My loss is your gain on this one. I'm looking to get (price drop11!) $1600 for it.

Controls:
    Neck Volume (push/pull active/passive)
    Bridge Volume (push pull parallel/series)
    Tone
    B/M/T

PICS:
    IMG_3764_zpssn3lbtcg.gif

IMG_3763_zpsoc6ptmu6.gif

IMG_3758_zpsxzuaxh9r.gif

IMG_3756_zpsgeg9ygpx.gif

IMG_3755_zpsv8acoohz.gif

IMG_3750_zpssg25svhs.gif

IMG_3748_zpshbvvxlqt.gif

IMG_3746_zpsjwp5w1n9.gif

BATTLE SCARS (before it came to me):
    IMG_3761_zpsulfdtpyj.gif

IMG_3760_zps11np66co.gif

IMG_3762_zpsplri56re.gif

VIDEO:
    Sorry it's so sloppy (especially the Jamerson-ey stuff, gross), I was just noodling around like a messy kid, and I had it tuned standard instead of my usual ADGCF. Almost dead strings (especially the B)
    Bass (tone up, no eq)->Glockenklang Blue Soul (eq disengaged)->DNA 112 Cab->iPad mini
    I eventually use different tones in the video, haha.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. funk generator

funk generator Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    I had the good fortune of playing this bass and wow! My all time favorite bass I've played.
    Ethan is pretty bad at taking pictures. In the real world those finger prints are unnoticeable. Here's a picture of it in action.

Attached Files:

3. Bumperini! I'm really needing to let this thing go! My latest purchase made things really tight...

4. Garrett151

Garrett151

Mar 23, 2011
    Hey hey hey I think I used to own this one! Fantastic bass, glwts

5. Bump for a price drop, let's move this thing!

6. Dang, great price.

7. Thanks! You should buy it! :)

8. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    I dont like jazz basses but when I heard that X at concert here I was blown away. This is only jazz I would buy

9. funk generator

Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    I'll trade you some used eye lashes and belly button lint.

10. Gabriel1984

Gabriel1984

Feb 26, 2012
    Kansas
    Great price, i'd hate to see it go for any lower than that. Someone needs to buy this.

11. jebmd

jebmd

May 4, 2009
    Iona, Florida
    Weight?

12. 9.8 pounds according to the FedEx scale

13. Somebody buy this bass! I need to move it along. Trades plus cash are welcome. I'm looking for $1000 cash in my direction in a trade, and the bass trade value is at ($1800). I've only moved the price as low as it is to move it quickly...which isn't working it seems...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  14. funk generator

Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    This thing is killing me. Someone buy this!!

15. Bump! It's packed up and ready to go!

16. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    1g for an xotic, someone buy this, you won't be dissapointed

17. Well, 1g plus a bass worth ~$800... :)

18. Come on. You know you want this bass.

19. Gareth_HD

Gareth_HD

Oct 9, 2015
    London
    Hey there
    How would you feel about sending her over to the uk?
    Cheers
    Gareth
    Ps tried to sign in using Facebook; got bored (it's 1am here!) Sure we could work something out safely...

20. That makes me antsy...I don't even know how to go about that...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022