1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PRICE REDUCED Mike Lull M4V (2007 model) pearl white, active/passive with 18v. Bartolini electronics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkyjudge, Aug 22, 2016.

1. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Price reduced to $1580 delivered in the USA (except for Alaska and Hawaii, which will require a bit extra in shipping costs).

Up for sale is my 2007 Mike Lull M4V 4-string in pearl white with a Rosewood board and active/passive Bartolini electronics. This bass was sent back to Mike for a thorough going-over and setup in early 2015, and because it was built pre-PLEK (Mike didn't start PLEKing his basses until about 18 months after this one was built), I had him to advise whether it needed a PLEK job on the frets, to which he responded "it's not really needed". I have owned five Mike Lull basses over the last 7 years, and have developed a very good relationship with Mr. Lull. This bass is in very nice condition, with just one small paint blemish near the bridge which I touched-up (see photos for detail).

Here are some more details regarding this bass (I purchased the bass from the original owner, who said that he had it custom-built for him; all info. came either from the sell or from Mike Lull himself):

Model: M4V Custom
    Body Material: Alder
    Body Paint Color: Pearlescent White
    Neck Material: Hard Maple, 1-9/16" nut width (1/16" wider than a Fender Jazz Bass neck)
    Fretboard Material: Rosewood (one of the prettiest and most nicely-detailed Rosewood boards that I have ever seen or played), 21 medium frets
    Pickups: Bartolini CBJS-1 Jazz True Single Coils ... Bartolini CBJS-1 'Classic Bass' True Single Coil - BestBassGear
    Preamp: Bartolini NTBT 18v (two 9v batteries), with push-pull active-passive switching
    Controls: Volume, Pickup Blend, Tone (works in both active and passive modes) with pull for passive mode; stacked Bass/Treble boost and cut.
    Hardware: Hipshot bridge and Tuners, plus D-tuner on the E-string Tuning Peg
    Weight: 8 lbs., 6.5 oz.
    Gig Bag: Mike Lull ProTec gig bag (see photo)

No trades at this time, please.

See photos below for more details, and please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or wish to discuss this bass in greater detail.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    rbeck47, direwolf333, astrah and 3 others like this.
  2. direwolf333

direwolf333

Oct 24, 2014
    That's a great deal.

3. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thanks! I always attempt to be fair in my pricing.

seang15 likes this.
  4. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    crazy good price for such a great instrument. I have a 2006 Lull M4V as my main player, and I would never let her go - for any money.
    GLWTS!

direwolf333 and Fred312b like this.
  5. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thank you, pfschim! It is truly an excellent bass!

Doug (funkyjudge)

6. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Currently seriously considering a trade offer, but I REALLY need the money, and therefore would prefer to sell the bass outright!

7. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Sale pending. ..... And now it is SOLD!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021