Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Primus Cameos?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sandman1278, May 2, 2005.

1. was wondering if i could find out a list (and possibly clips) of all of Primus's movie/tv/video cameos such as there apperences on conan obrian, bill & teds bogus journey, south park, etc. so far i know of..

south park theme/chef aid episode
    bill and teds bogus journey - tommy the cat
    conan obrian 95?- mrs blaien
    conan obrian97 - shake hands with beef
    MTV halloween party91-jerry was a racecar driver
    Live at the miller show - jerry ...
    some horror movie???- welcome to this world(saw in other post)

please help me fill the list and if possible find clips i would lvoe to see this stuff

2. wynonas big brown beaver - letterman late show.

3. ah yes i forgot about that one, with the penguin suits right? I wonder what letterman coulda been thinking seeing that, funny how les runs around like a baboon and ler just stands in place and sways(not like this is unsual for primus) ;)

4. I beleive they did My name Is Mud on this show as well.I used to have a vhs copy of this show somewhere . White Zombie was on there too.
    Did they make an appearance in the movie Airheads or just have a tune on the soundtrack?

5. hmm i guess it wastn 91 then

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Beavis and Butthead (sound track, I dunno if there was a specific episode)- Poetry and Prose

7. I remember Nirvana being on a Halloween Bash too..so prob 93, 94? but if my name is mud it might have been a later year (after nirvana, etc)

8. w00t look what i found here - http://www.toasterland.com/liveinfo/primus2.html
    ones i already have video of are in bold, if anyone has video of any of these i dont have, hook me up! ;) -- also if anyone has video of any of those concerts i will go gagga to see em ;)

TV/Movie Apperances

5/3/89 - Stanford University KZSU Radio - This was an audio and video simulcast with Primus playing nine songs off of Frizzle Fry and Seas of Cheese. The real surprise is that the radio station then says they'll play something from a recent show, which turns out to be a very rare rendition of Run Like Hell!<-- I have Animals Should Not Act Like people so i have some of this

xx/xx/90 - MTV Headbanger's Ball - John the Fisherman

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey - Tommy the Cat (excerpt)

xx/xx/92 - Dennis Miller Show - Jerry was a Racecar Driver,
    YYZ > Tommy the Cat (partial) > Tippi Toes <-- I really want to find the rest of this!

xx/xx/93 - MTV Beach Party - Tommy the Cat, Jerry was a Racecar Driver

10/31/93 - MTV Halloween Special- My Name Is Mud, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver <-- so it was 93

xx/xx/95 - David Letterman - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver (Dressed as Penguins)

xx/xx/95 - Conan O' Brian - Mrs. Blaileen (Dressed in Suits)

xx/xx/97 - Conan O' Brian - Shake Hands with Beef

5/11/98 - HBO Reverb- John the Fisherman, Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread, Kalamazoo, My Name Is Mud, Jerry Was A Racecar Driver. Shot at Irving Plaza in New York City.

03/03/00 - Farmclub (USA network) - Antipop, Laquer Head, Greet the Sacred Cow

9. been a while figure i bump this, maybe someone could help me find some video?