1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Principal of Alabama Symphony

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by Douglas.Nestler, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Who knows what about how this audition went?

2. ¬°bassballbill!

¬°bassballbill!

Feb 25, 2008
    apparently not too well for anyone i know

3. bass1127

bass1127

Nov 7, 2007
    Bloomington
    BILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:spit::scowl:

4. Hey now, let's all be civil.

A friend of mine took it but I don't know how it went.

5. professorslinky

professorslinky Banned

Apr 7, 2008
    Boise Idaho
    Peter Lloyd just won the job.

6. bass1127

bass1127

Nov 7, 2007
    Bloomington
    I thought is jeff turner

7. professorslinky

professorslinky Banned

Apr 7, 2008
    Boise Idaho
    Jeff Turner has a job you fool.

8. anonymous12251111

anonymous12251111 Banned

Apr 6, 2007
    I take it you're joking, does anyone know why Peter Lloyd left Minnesota? Such a great orchestra.

9. bass1127

bass1127

Nov 7, 2007
    Bloomington
    very interesting story, ask him in person. he will tell you. Yep Peter teaches at NWU. he loves Chi-town. i doubt he will leave.

10. fholeyou

fholeyou

May 21, 2007
    Getting back to the original topic, does anyone know who actually got the job?

11. Basspfeifer

Basspfeifer

Mar 31, 2009
    72 people auditioned
    11 advanced to the second round
    That is all I know

12. calibass

calibass

Jan 9, 2009
    I heard 4 in the finals and no one hired

13. Did they really not hire anyone? There were some great players there.

14. deleted my post again?! you guys dont understand the bubba! i wasn't saying yeah right about calvin winning! i was saying yeah right about calvin knowing who did win! (look at the original question!) and that seems pretty fair considering that whenever calvin has an answer to a question on here he posts it pretty much immediately! the bubba is very angry right now!

:mad:

15. BMason

BMason

Oct 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    No winner. Two of the final four were Jory Herman and Chris Hamlen of the New World Symphony.

16. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I'm going to spare "the bubba" any additional moderator action for the moment, and remind "the bubba" to read the forum's usage agreement and forum rules that "the bubba" agreed to before accepting membership here. Of particular interest to "the bubba" as regards the above quote is rule #5 of the forum rules, which "the bubba" either didn't read or completely disregarded in posting the above. If "the bubba" would like like to continue posting here, "the bubba" would do well to comprehend the rules and understand that any future disregard of the rules exhibited in "the bubba's" posts will be dealt with in the usual way without any consideration that "the bubba" might simply be ignorant of the rules rather than blatantly disregarding them.

17. the bubba pleas temporary insanity and hopes the chris will accept his formal appology. the bubba is easily sparked up but will make every effort to pm his complaints to The Man from here on out. but the bubba doesnt see what rule 5 has to do with deleting his previous post. the bubba is very forgiving though and understands that all people, even moderators, and hey even the bubba, make mistakes.

:bassist:

18. anonymous12251111

anonymous12251111 Banned

Apr 6, 2007
    Oh God.

Back to the topic. Pity no one won, some really top notch players auditioned.

19. dleecountdown

dleecountdown

Sep 11, 2006
    Yes back to the topic. It's a pity that people just regurgitate posts.

20. fholeyou

fholeyou

May 21, 2007
    Given that the result of this audition is another instance of a growing trend (internationally) of auditions ending in a "no-hire" situation (for all instruments, not just bass), maybe now would be a good time to ask anyone who has been on the "inside" of one these decisions to voice their reasons/opinions on why these results occur.
    I know most of us who have attended a "no-hire" audition end up leaving with (at least) a sense of frustration/resentment at the outcome, but we rarely stop to consider that the members of the orchestra who are left with an open position in their section and are forced to sit through another set of auditions may be just as frustrated with the results as we are.
    I would love for someone who is in one of these orchestras to weigh in on the discussion so that we can get a perspective from both sides of the screen.