Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Private Mail Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TroyK, Sep 7, 2005.

1. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I can't reply to a private mail...or at least I can't figure out how to. I have to forward and enter the handle of the person I would like to reply to.

Also, when I follow the link from the notifcation email that I have a private mail, it deadends me somehow. I have to go to "home" and then click on private mail. I don't remember right now, but I think it takes me to my mailbox but tells me that I don't have mail or I'm not logged in or something, but when I navigate around it, I find the mail.

The second one is not a particular concern to me and I realize it could be trickier to fix, but not being able to reply seems like a good one to fix.

No big deal to me, of course, I appreciate how great TalkBass is, but thought you might want the QA.

Troy

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas

Troy,

To reply to a PM, click the "quote" botton near the bottom right of the message :) I'm not sure what's causing the second problem - perhaps you're viewing a cached copy of the webpage - try hitting your browser's refresh button the next time you're greeted with an empty PM box via the notification link.

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    pop up blocker stops me from doing that

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    It's not a popup, so I have no idea why it would...

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    when i log in and the prompt comes up saying that i have a new message i click ok to view it and it doesn't open.

but i can still just click on my tb and see it so there's no big deal

6. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Exactly. No big deal, but worth mentioning if you are soliciting QA help.

On the reply to a PM, you're right I can use the "quote" button. I didn't really think of that, it's usually an option and is easier that forward and readdressing like I was doing. I might suggest that it's a bit of a usability issue and maybe not the most intuitive, but not a problem for me now that I'm thinking workaround.

Thanks,

-tk