Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problem with Digitech Bassdriver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Niskamies, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    So, that pedal works fine with passive basses, but with active basses it distorts the signal when in bypass. What could I do to prevent the distortion? I also have the Synth Wah from Digitech and want to use them, but I don't want unwanted distortion in my sound.

2. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    I used to have the Digitech bass driver, and I have an active bass. I never remembered having bypass problems. Anyways, one solution would be to use a looper to just route the signal around the digitech when not using it. www.loooper.com

3. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    Are you running it on batteries or with a power supply? I know first hand that these Digitech pedals eat batteries for breakfast. You'll get the best sound possible with a power supply. I use both a Bass Driver and a Danelectro Fab Tone for distortion. The bass driver works really well with an active bass. The Fab Tone is more of a one tick pony, but I like the trick it does!