1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problem with my earthquakes devices hoof fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by atsuko_chiba, Oct 17, 2013.

1. atsuko_chiba

atsuko_chiba

Jun 3, 2013
    Hey guys!

I've been a long time reader, and this is finally my first post.
    I have a problem with my hoof fuzz. Wh en I engage it, the light turns on, but the effect itself doesn't turn on. It works about 3 out of 5 times, and the rest of the time, it sounds as if nothing's happening. When the fuzz isn't working, it sounds as if the highs are boosted slightly and does get a bit louder, but there's absolutely no fuzz. I have it plugged into my power bar, which did have alot of stuff getting power from it. I removed some stuff from the power bar, and also removed it from a daisy chain and gave it direct power. I definitely helped, but the problem is still happening. My other pedals work perfectly fine. I did buy it used but it was not used much. Could it be a power issue? Or a contact issue? Or did I fry my pedal?

Thanks for the help guys!

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    that sounds like a bad bypass footswitch switch to me.