1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Progressive Rock/Metal with an accordion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by archisland, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Hi guys! Me and my band (Structural Disorder) released our brand new album last Monday on Spotify (and Thursday on the week before everywhere else, basically. There was a slight problem with the distribution. Anyway...)

We play progressive rock/metal with an electric accordion as the main keyboard - all the synth leads, pads etc. are played by Johannes on his electric Roland Accordion that sends MIDI to MainStage on his MacBook. Yes, we also do have Hjalmar, who plays piano and some occasional pads/strings - but everything except for the piano is played by Johannes!

The album was mixed and produced you the awesome Jocke Skog (Clawfinger, After the Burial, Feared, Åfysatan and about a gazillion more...) which was a great experience and resource for us to have!

I used my trusty Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass V from 2005 (equipped with the Darkglass Tome Capsule) through a Darkglass B7k for tracking the Bass.

On track #2 there's a TC Electronic Corona Chorus and some Darkglass Super Symmetry on the bass intro/outro.

On track #7 I used my fretless Woodo Guitars B5X Tiger Maple bass through the B7k. And that's pretty much it when it comes to the recording.

You can listen to the album here:

Spotify:

iTunes: Distance by Structural Disorder on iTunes

Would love to hear Your thoughts on the album!

2. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    Good stuff. I thought there would be at least one accordion solo though.
    Good writing and playing.

3. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Ah, we'll keep that in mind for the next album :) There is, as you might have noticed a fair share of acoustic accordion in track #3 and #6 for example - but no solo, unfortunately:)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021