1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about connection

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by abelbrito, Jan 9, 2012.

1. abelbrito

abelbrito

Jan 9, 2012
    Hi fellow bassplayers,

So I just got this new rig. It's a Hartke Kilo 1000W bass head, with a 410 HyDrive 1000W cab and a 115 HyDrive 500W cab (both from Hartke).
    My question is: will it make any difference if i hook it up to Left and Right? or bridge the whole thing on the Mono/Bridge output (yeah, the amp has three outputs). I currently have the 410 on left and 115 on right. I don't wanna blow the thing up, so i might as well ask before i try anything right? It's the first time I have a set like this (I always had combo's....).

:bassist:

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Do it left/right, you need independent control of the cab volumes. And blowing something up is the usual result of bridging.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    +1

Additionally don't try to make the 1x15 as loud as the 4x10. It can't do so.

4. abelbrito

abelbrito

Jan 9, 2012
    Well, i can't control the cabs individually (just have a master volume), and there's a balance knob. i guess balancing it more to the 410 would be the better thing to do then?