1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about potential rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Mar 5, 2013.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    I currently have an Ampeg 15e. I sold my 4 pro and 410he because I wasn't playing music, but now I'm back and I need an amp. I've been on the fence about what type of set up to get, but I know the basis of my rig will be the 15, since I already own it. I was thinking about pairing it with another 15e/410he and going back with a 4pro. I'm still on the fence with this one, but my two questions are these.

If I get another 4pro, will I kill the 15e while using one side of the amp?

If I get another 4pro and another 15, will I be able to run it in mono bridged w/o killing the cabs?

2. Get another 15e and forget the 410 or two 410's and sell the 15e. If you want to bridge the 410's would be the safer bet.

3. /\
    This

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    Yeah, I never knew how inefficient the 410/15 combo is until revisiting this. While I think the tone was spot on what I heard in my head, I'm thinking that a 4 pro with another 15 might be great. I liked the option of the 410 for small gigs as well. That's where the 4 pro into a single 15 might be a bit much. Maybe I should just rethink my amp selection as well.

UGH the bass rig ocd is back. AWESOME

5. Well the 4 Pro is still a fine amp but with your past cab combo you could not hear it's full song. They are not my thing but your ears are not mine as well.

Huge amount of choices these days so go out and play some! You may be back to the 4 Pro after it all?