1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question about recording euipments that i have

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Gidzkun, May 23, 2011.

1. Gidzkun

Gidzkun

May 16, 2010
    ok guys I'm a total noob when it comes to recording. recently I just received a UCA202 behringer audio interface then I tried recording with it using audacity but I'm not really satisfied with the sound it produce.

the question is:

can I use my amp and the behringer audio interface and audacity to record to my computer? if yes, how?

I would also like to know any suggestion how I can maximize the sound quality of my limited equipments.

these are the equips I have.
    1)Fender Jaguar bass
    2)Acoustic B10 bass amp
    3)Behringer Uca202 audio interface
    4)audacity
    5)I had a digi tech bass effect but it was really old so I'm planning to get a new one. any bass effect suggestion that will work good on these equips.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Behringer has a lot of freebies with this interface. Did you get the CD?

It does need line level inputs, so a active bass, or a line out from your amp, or a small mixer should do it.

Record to get a good clean track, then run the track through different effects, amps sims, etc. to see what you like. You can get all these directly on the PC, look up VST.

One good free amp sim is Voxengo Boogex. Amplitube 3 also comes with some free amps and can work standalone.

It's always good to record clean, then play with the sound afterwards. Trying to do both at the same time can yield less than optimal results, unless you have lots of experience.