1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

[Question]Can you offer me a good tube combo ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FashionJ, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Good day, everyone.

I am looking for a good tube combo amp, and the price maybe at "900-950 USD", does anyone can give me good suggestion about this?

Now I perfer the SWR Baby Blue II, rememver that was about 160watt. Is there any simliar produces I can choose?

Thanks for your suggestions.

By the way, would you post the products' picture if you can, thank you so much!:bassist:

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    You might want to clarify what exactly you are looking for. The SWR Baby Blue II is not a "tube amp".

Tube amps use power tubes in the output power section. The solid state amps that use a peamp tube are not the same thing, and are still called solid state amps.

So far, I don't think anyone is making new tube combo amps, I'm pretty sure they're all discontinued now. The last tube combos I knew of: the Ampeg B15 reissue, the Mesa Boogie Buster, and the Pignose B100V.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to the above. The amps you are talking about are called "hybrids".