1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for Bag End 10" Users!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woofenstein, Oct 24, 2009.

1. In the past I owned a Q10BX-D that was my favorite 4x10 ever. Unfortunately it was just too big and bulky to move regularly. I replaced it with a Schroeder 410R, but really miss the sound of the Q10BX-D.

I'm going to be purchasing a pair of Bag End 2x10 cabs. I'm either going to get a pair of D10B-Ds or one D10B-D and one D10BX-D. I like the idea of a pair of D10B-Ds since they would not have a tweeter, and I usually have the tweeter very low or off in any tweeter equipped cab I've owned. In addition, it seems like cabinets without tweeters respond better to distortion. I actually do not use full distortion, but I like the slightly driven sound of a tube preamp.

BUT - I remember the coax driver in the Q10BX-D being EXCELLENT, and never having an issue with the sound of it. So basically I'm looking for opinions from Bag End 10" users - would you go for a pair of D10B-D cabinets, or get one D10B-D and one D10BX-D?

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    *bump*