1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question for Cort A4 users

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dae666, Apr 24, 2013.

1. dae666

dae666

Apr 4, 2013
    Turkey
    I've recently bought my Cort A4 bass, and I have a very novice question. The active/passive switch: Which way is which??? :meh:
    (It may sound really stupid but I just couldn't figure it with my crappy Ibanez practice amp. :rollno:)

2. I don't have my A4 in my hands right now, but I'd go with UP = ON.
    Try this: Turn the switch UP and turn the treble knob all the way down (or any of them, but I find treble to be more responsive). You should notice a huge change in your tone if the pre is ON.

3. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    I have an A6. The switch is not active/passive, it simply turns the EQ off. If off, the knobs for lows, mids and highs will have no function.

4. dae666

dae666

Apr 4, 2013
    Turkey
    Ah OK. Thanks a lot!

So well... What happened just now (which made me remember this post, too) is that my (2-weeks-new!) guitar started giving no sound. :eek: I thought it was a broken wire connection or something, because it still gave no sound even if I turned the switch on and off... And I was really worried because the guitar is pretty new, you see. :bawl:

But then if it's not an active/passive switch, as you say, that should mean that my bass is active-only, and that it must be the battery. Well, I'm relieved. :smug: