Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question for Fishman Full Circle owners

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by PJ Bass, Apr 26, 2004.

1. PJ Bass

PJ Bass

Apr 26, 2004
    Do you have your Full Circle pickup installed facing the strings or facing the bass and why?

Has anyone tried both ways for comparison?

Thanks!
    PJ

2. I installed mine with the pickup facing the strings because of the way the former adjusters were installed. If I wanted to install it the other way, I'd have had to have a new bridge cut, I suppose.

I like the way it sounds; they say you get a bit more of the mids and highs, which is good, because it is a very dark warm sound already. Facing the other way, it may have been too dark to the point of muddiness.

3. larry

larry Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Florida
    Same for me, pickup makes contact with the part of the bridge that touches the strings. I wanted to try it the other way but I would need a new bridge as well. I hear the difference is subtle. This is a great pickup for the $$. I loved my Realist, but now I only use the FC.

4. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    i have mine installed face down, on my new bridge/new DB.
    i like the full sound it gives from the body of the bass.
    it works well on my bass set to middle position i tried it 1\4 turn for the more focused sound but didnt like it.
    the interesting thing is i dont need to use a preamp.