1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question on Meisal clip-on tuner.

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by gerry grable, Oct 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gerry grable

gerry grable

Nov 9, 2010
    I really like the tuner. My Fender blue box tuner was impossible to use on a gig with other instruments tuning up. The Meisal ignores the background noises and is easy to see as it changes color from blue to green.
    But, can anyone explain the reason and/or purpose of the flat (b) and double flat (bb) modes? The tuning note A-440 can be adjusted through a large range of the 400s, so why the above mentioned settings? They sometimes get in the way by getting clicked on accidentally. The flat symbols are small and hard to see from a distance as when clipped onto the scroll.
    Thanks.

2. That's probably for the metal guys that tune their guitars down a half or whole step.

gerry grable likes this.
  3. gerry grable

gerry grable

Nov 9, 2010
    I wasn't aware that they did that. But, I'm out of the loop on those bands. I just asked my wife, vocalist Judy Lincoln, if she ever heard a Tom Petty tune.
    Neither of us have. I do remember he was the least well-know member of an "all star" group many years ago. The Traveling Blue Berries or something like that?
    Thanks.