1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Questions about Epiphone Embassy Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JRodg, Mar 25, 2011.

1. JRodg

JRodg

Jan 1, 2011
    So I was browsing some basses online and came across a 1965 Epiphone Embassy Deluxe bass. It's probably one of the most beautiful instruments I've ever seen. How many of you on this forum have one? Is the tone similar to say, a Thunderbird? Also, I have to wonder why these basses are somewhat pricey compared to Gibson's of the same vintage. Thanks ahead of time.
    BTW here's the bass I'm referring to:
    1965 Epiphone Embassy Deluxe Cherry > Guitars : Bass - Chicago Music Exchange | Gbase.com

2. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
  3. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    Sorry if I'm late here. I have a 1967. It is very much a Non reverse T-Bird. Might be pricey because they are rare but just because they ask for a price does not mean they will get it.
    I love the sound of old T-Birds. I can bring this one to Jam's and no one knows what it is.

4. James S

James S

Apr 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I have owned a 1964 Epiphone Embassy Deluxe since 1969. I played professionally, nightly for 20 years. This is an outstanding instrument. It is far superior to is brother, the T-Bird. It is powerful and quite versatile. Because of the totally mahogany consruction is is very live and responsive.

Attached Files:

5. Rockabilly_Nick

Rockabilly_Nick

Mar 9, 2016
    Hi everybody, first post. I just picked up a 64 embassy. Its pretty sweet. My question is, does anybody know of a commercially available hardshell case that will fit this bass? I plan to keep an eye on ebay to find a vintage one, but until then I'd like to keep this bad boy protected in a decent hsc.
    Thanks!
    Nick

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021