Quickie Survey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Count Bassie, May 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Need a cab, probably ti be installed, mostly, at a rehearsal space. So...

1) Ampeg PR212H, or...
    Trace Elliiot 1518?

2) Also, ever pair a 212 and a 15? Cinsidering the PR212H with an Ampeg PR15H...

Simple really... the first question is my primary one.
    The second idea would be to use with an Acoustic 370 head, to run it at 4 ohms. The Ampeg cabs mentioned here are 8 ohm cabs...

Appreciate your momentary consideration! :)

2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Why would you want the 212 and a 15? You won't really get more bass out of it and the 15 will be working twice as hard as the 212. If you are still searching for your dub sound I would suggest checking out the Peavey PVH 212. Made for drop tuning and they can do some serious low end thump. I have a pair and a 1000 watt head and they make some lows with out becoming overly muddy. And if you are trying to squeeze out every last watt from that head by using the 212 and 115 it is not really worth doing that way. The preferred way would be a second Identical 212 or a pair of 115's

3. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Also it would help some if you said what results you were looking for .

4. Hey Steve. Not looking for dub these days. I'm mostly interested in what's out there and what it does. I have an Acoustic 370, and want to use it, but it doesn't wake up at all unless it's run at 4, or 2, ohms.
    I have a pair of E140s, and am also seeking to house them in an appropriate cab(s)...

I'm doing a deal this week fir a TE 1518 for a rehearsal room installation, to use with a TE AH250SMX head. I'm also thinking that two of those cohld be used for the E140s, as they are relatively large enclosures, which thise speakers require.

So you see, I'm thinking too much! Lol.

5. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    PR 2x12 unless weight is not an issue then try each
    Acoustic 370 is not that loud at 8 ohms; how loud do you need

6. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I don't know those cabs never used them or heard them . A lot of times swapping speakers is a crapshoot. And even if they work to a point if the cab is too big or small it can limit low end response or power Handling and the speakers will fail. So if you do put them in there use caution with power until you find out how they respond . You don't want to toast those speakers. And I agree the 212 over a 115 but if you have 2 115';s then either direction

Count Bassie likes this.
  7. 8 ohms is not going to bring the goods this amp has. Really need that 4 ohms, I find.

8. The PR410HLF is mondo. Great sounding cab, loud and lots of grunt.

9. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Count Bassie likes this.
  10. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    There are 3 different SVT 410 HLF iterations. The Classic 410 HLF mud and boom cabs the new Heritage 410hlf and the Newer Classic 410Hlf that still has great bottom but is much cleaner and more defined. I have the latter one and it is a great cab . Running it with a 300 watt Fender Super Bassman all tube Head.

11. I had the PR410HLF, ran it with a Trace Elliot AH250 Series 6. Very good sound, no mud, just my bass.