1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rack case with same dimensions as speaker cab???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony G, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I know it sound kind of stupid, but I like a nice clean look to my rig, and my 2 space skb case holding my SWR WorkingPro 700 just looks kind of silly to me sitting on my Avatar B410 Neo. I was hoping Avatar made racks to fit their cabinets, but they don't. Does anybody know of a rack that fits cleanly on top of a 410 cab? It can be black carpeted, or whatever, it doesn't matter. I'd prefer something in a 4 space rack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check my sig for a pic of my rig to see what I mean.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    anybody?

3. I would suppose that a "shockproof" anvil type case would fill out the top, since they are a little wider than normal. try eek-bay

4. I had an 8U SKB shockmount case that was almost the same size as my peavey 410, same width, a little deeper but not as tall (just)

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Yeah, I meant I am just trying to fill out the top. Thanks.

6. o.rion.5

o.rion.5

Oct 17, 2005
    Seattle, WA
  7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I will look into those. Thanks.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You could build it yourself...

Everything you need parts wise (except the wood) is available from Parts Express.

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I unfortunetly don't have the proper tools to make one.

10. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Tell us how wide/deep, you want. Shock racks are huge: A Mesa road ready shock rack is 24 inchs wide x 18.5 deep.

11. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have a black carpeted Grundorf that matches my Eden 210XLTs perfectly. It is the same width and even has slightly scaled down versions of the same black plastic corners.

12. IMO it looks fine as it is!! I think its not worth doing, you've got a good case to protect you're head already. A larger rack case would make it harder to carry, fit in car etc. Plus ur just going to have extra spare on the sides of your rackcase, which would look unbalanced with you're head. Just be happy with what you have!

13. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Are you going to accessorize with matching shoes and belt too? ; }

14. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

Funny guy. I know it sounds funny, but I just like a nice clean look. Oh well, I guess I will just be happy with what I have.

15. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

Yeah, I am just being picky. I realize it is kind of dumb.

16. Gator shallow racks fit nicely on cabs. I prefer them over SKB.